Recipe: Homemade Lasagna
A homemade lasagna recipe for you to enjoy while you read They Have Jesus, We Have Lasagna: A Memoir by Patrick Resetar. Buon appetito!
1 lb. ground beef
1 jar (24 oz) favorite pasta sauce
Dry lasagna noodles (16 oz box)
1 container (12 oz) Ricotta Cheese
1 pack pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook ground beef in a medium-sized sauce pan, breaking it into small pieces, until fully cooked (8-10 minutes); Discard fatty oil.
- Add the pasta sauce to the ground beef over medium heat; Heat until hot (4-5 minutes).
- Ladle a layer of sauce in your baking pan; add dry doodle; try to cover the whole area of the pan.
- Ladle another scoop of sauce and ensure noodle is completely covered (this helps cook the noodle during baking).
- Then scoop a small amount (size of a button all around the pan); add a layer of cheese; layer some basil.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until you have enough for one more covering of your noodles
- For the last layer, add sauce over the noodle and cover with mozzarella
- Bake in over for 40-50 minutes (looking for the sauce to thicken and noodles to cook.
- Take out and let it sit for 10-15 to let the hot bubbly insides to cool a bit, then cut to serve.
*Recipe by Patrick Resetar, author of They Have Jesus, We Have Lasagna